- O programie
To effect lasting change on how the mainstream performance sector understands and works with artistically-led performance made by learning disabled (LD) artists, Trasna Na Line (TNL) will create a strong network of organisations, artists and audiences which recognizes and celebrate their talents. To achieve this we’ve set 4 TNL objectives:
1. To show the quality of our work, create 5 new touring theatre productions, made with professional LD theatre makers, for presentation at mainstream festivals.
2. Establish deep, lasting relationships between companies and artists in the partner countries, so that we can generate more opportunities to develop skills, learn from each other make work together.
3. Involve companies from other countries in Europe and beyond so that more companies and LD artists are involved in creating new opportunities.
4. Raise the profile of LD artists their work across Europe and beyond, via focused national dissemination activities, so that more people understand, support and know about it.
Each partner’s transnationally focused artistic programme of theatre production and artist workshop residencies will provide the creative engine for the project: a driving force of European encounter towards an enhanced mobility of artists usually denied access to mainstream transnational opportunities.
The sector will gain:
1. A sustained European cultural collaboration which addresses inequality of opportunity for LD performers.
2. A pan-European network/platform to give visibility and continuity to the transnational mobility of LD performing artists.
3. As part of Galway European Capital Of Culture (ECOC), 2020 TNL will produce an ECOC first– a festival showcasing the quality of performance work from learning disabled people, with artist and audience engagement and capacity building at its core.
4. Longer term, CE investment in TNL will bring about a sea-change, with performances featuring performers with LD becoming more mainstream common place.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.